Tyndale House Publishers Book Review



It is completely safe to say that I have added a new author to my "favorite author" list!

Band of Sisters is the second book I've had the great pleasure of reviewing by the talented Cathy Gohlke.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the characters in Mrs. Gohlke's books are more like friends than fictional novel characters.

In Band of Sisters, Maureen O'Reilly is no exception. A strong woman with a difficult past who with the Lord's help overcomes seemingly impossible circumstances. I found myself eager to read on to see things unfold!

This is just one of those late night, intense, I've got to finish just one more chapter kind of books!

With all that said, what I love most about Band of Sisters is that it tackles a current day evil and reveals that its far from a new invention. Human trafficking has been around far longer than we can all imagine and its real! This book gives every reader a personal look into its evils, while remaining decent and appropriate. No need for crudity here. Truth can be told while remaining clean. Band of Sisters is proof of that.

Buy this one for a friend, buy it for a family member, buy it for yourself. Nothing is better than recreational reading that moves you on to closer walk with the Lord and a heart for those suffering unspeakable evil. You will LOVE this book!

Read more about Cathy Gohlke at her website. HERE

*All opinions and statements are 100% my own. I was given a complimentary copy of Band of Sisters from the Tyndale Blog Network from Tyndale House Publishers for this review.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your excellent review of "Band of Sisters!" I loved when you wrote, "Nothing is better than recreational reading that moves you on to closer walk with the Lord and a heart for those suffering unspeakable evil." ~ I pray all readers will be so moved and motivated.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

If your entering one of OUR "One Stop" GIVEAWAYS, please, don't forget to leave your email!

Thanks!