The kids forgot to tell you about their book report.
And all you want to do is go home and prop your feet up!
Family Meals are probably the last thing you want to think about at this point, but a necessary part of all our family's lives.
Let me introduce to you something that could possibly lighten your load.
Now you won't be able to buy the can and pour it on a plate and poof dinners done. But, if you'd like to have a starting point for a delicious, home-cooked meal, progresso Recipe Starters may be just the thing for you.
Take a look at the five varieties available:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by Alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
For this review I choose to use the Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock to make homemade Chicken Pot Pie, Yum!
I used the recipe that was printed on the inside label, but discovered that there are over 80 recipes HERE from Progressive.
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In 2-quart saucepan, using wire whisk, mix together cooking sauce, flour, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add vegetables; heat to boiling. Boil 2 minutes,stirring frequently. Stir in chicken. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. After 15 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
1 Serving (1 Serving)
- Calories 430
- (Calories from Fat 200),
- Total Fat 22g
- (Saturated Fat 8g,
- Trans Fat 0g),
- Cholesterol 40mg;
- Sodium 1020mg;
- Total Carbohydrate 43g
- (Dietary Fiber 1g,
- Sugars 2g),
- Protein 14g;
I must admit that it did take the hour and 5 minutes the label stated it would when it was all said and done, but seeing my family actually gobble it up was worth it for me. They enjoyed it!
Here's the good stuff:
Jump over HERE for a .65 coupon off Progresso Recipe Starters and DON'T FORGET to leave a comment to enter our Progresso Recipe Starter Giveaway.Prize pack includes:
To ENTER, simply leave a comment with your email address. For 2 additional entries, share this post with all your friends on facebook and leave 2 additional comments with your facebook post link.Enjoy!* Contest Ends on Saturday 9/22/12 at midnight Eastern Standard Time, Winner will be chosen via random.org from the comments collected. “Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions concerning this product are 100% my own.”